Sunday, October 10, 2010

party party party












Just warning you now, this post is going to be extremely long so if you're not in the mood to read a really long blog post.. just stop now! Today is the 10th of the 10th of the 10th, which also awesomeingly (is that a word?) happens to be my birthday! Sweet sixteen and never been kissed.. heh- that's what my grandma told me on the phone this morning. It followed with an awkward pause for a good few seconds before she thankfully swapped topics to teenage drinking. I don't think I could've possibly asked for a better birthday weekend than the one I received. Although the weather was absoutely crazy and wet; it actually suited me anyway since I am fairly crazy and I love the rain?


Last night I celebrated my birthday in the only suitable way to truly celebrate when you're underage.. I had a giant 60s themed party with enough cheap wine and alcopops to fill a large section of Dads ute cleaning up this morning. It was one of those nights when just know you'll remember it for a long time. And not just the night you'll remember. But you will remember that shiver you get when you have over 100 people singing you happy birthday (even if it was extremely off pitch), or that gut laughter you have when you are standing to the side watching your close guy friends booty pumping to milkshakes, or when you are standing on a stage with your best friend singing Elanor by The Turtles with all your closest friends swaying and singing along at your feet. Or lastly that "holy fuck, this is when the party goes wrong" feeling when Seb punches a light bulb out effectively cutting the power to the whole venue (thanks sebra!) Mush all those emotions together and it gives you a pretty clear image of the night. Thank you to my lovely parents who did basically everything to make the night happen, to my brother for being the mind behind all technology from the night, to clare for making hundreds of extremely delicious cupcakes, to holly for hanging records on the ceilings with me for a good 2 hours straight, and to everyone else that came and partied with me as the party isn't a party without party goers.. yeah ?


Lastly- THANK YOU to all the beautiful pressies I received from my friends at the party and today. I love them all so much and I love all of you! (SO MUCH LOVE AND SO MANY EXCLAMATION MARKS!)

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know too - I totally started the off pitch happy birthday singing

    ReplyDelete