Friday, March 25, 2011

last words


I was watching the latest episode of How I Met Your Mother last night (partly because Katy Perry was guest starring and partly because I did not have any motivation or inspiration to get off the couch). Anyway the episode was all about last words which I found pretty interesting because I'm a big last words person. My favourite book is based around a guy who is a pro with remembering famous writer's and icon's last words and truth be told, I myself am a little obsessive when it comes to last words- but not at remembering them. I'm the person that stresses when my brother is out in the Valley at 5 in the morning and when Mum and Dad are driving in shit weather conditions. You could call me an over worrier or someone that has read way too many sad books, either way, it's just something I do. Anyway so I usually go through a worst-case-scenarios half hour in my head where I think of all these terrible things. I have a theory that as soon as you think of something that could happen, it will never happen. The really good and bad parts of life always come as a surprise. SO here I am thinking through all these horrid worst case scenarios, one half thinking about how horrible it is and the other kinda relieved that at least there is less of a chance of any of them occurring. Cos I thought of them first. Just to be safe though, I tend to send a text or give a call just to check up on how they're going and tell them I love them. Just to safe because you really never know when that worst case scenario will sneak up on you. Here's one of my favourite famous last words:

Now comes the mystery.
~~ Henry Ward Beecher, evangelist, d. March 8, 1887 

No comments:

Post a Comment