Friday, August 20, 2010

5 minutes of love








I fall in love all the time, at least 3 times a weekend maybe even up to 5 times a week. Although this love is only ever for a few minutes at a time. I usually fall in 5 minute love on trains, a little bit of eye contact and boom, love. Since when does love need to be something that you build up to? Long-term love only leads to long-term heartbreak whereas 5 minute love = no heartbreak, no despair, it only leaves a wistful smile and maybe a text to Holly. I'm quite content with my five minute lovers and I think the reason for this is they are completely fictional, these 5 minute lovers are no different to the characters I read about in books. Sure, they walk and they are actually alive but when it comes down to it, I'll get off at the next station and never see them again just like finishing a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment