Saturday, October 3, 2009

books books and more books


Books are one of the greatest escape from reality humans have come up with I believe. I am constantly reading or re-reading books, unable to go to sleep without reading first. I think my wall mounted shelves could collapse any moment now crushing the keyboard and my hands. So, I thought I'd share some of my favourite recent and old books with other book worms who could be reading right now.


The Host / Twilight - Stephanie Meyer

Obviously everyone has heard of twilight so I won't go there. After reading the twilight series time and time again I was strangely put off reading the other novel by this talented author, quite stubborn to try reading about something else she has written that does not involve really good looking vampires. Although I'm glad I broke down and bought The Host just a week or so ago. It is truly an amazing book with such a surreal concept it takes a good quarter of the book to understand it. I won't go into script detail because it will give it all away but please go buy it! Before the movie is produced and spoilers are everywhere!

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

I love fantasy books and The Hunger Games definetly falls under this category. The storyline and idea is so so unique that when reading I had to stop just to marvel at how the author came up with such a concept. It pulls romance, action, fantasy, war and techonology all into a compulsivley suspencful novel. I've read the first two books in the trilogy and enjoyed it so much that I think I'm almost ready to re-read them already.

Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

A truly inspiring book with lovable characters and devastating themes. She makes an after-life book objectively, letting only imagination taint her beliefs. I love that.

How I Live Now- Meg Rosoff

If you enjoy old war stories, romance, a touch of incest (but not in a disturbing way- trust me) and thought-provoking themes then this book will be in your best interest. It is a lovely story that will keep you for days wondering afterward.


I'll leave it there for now otherwise I'll keep going all night.

- Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment