Monday, May 30, 2011

love




I've been listening to a lot of 1950s/1960s pop music under inspiration from Bethany the lead singer for Best Coast. I absolutely love it. I never fails to surprise me how there is so much fantastic music out there I have never heard. I really love the video above showing Johnny Crawford singing Sandy back in the 1962. It makes me happy listening to his music but sad at the same time because I start to resent living in modern ages. In modern ages where you can't really dance in a hall past the age of 12 at which you attended pcyc's with neyo and 50 cent blaring and children rubbing up against each other, intoxicated on passito and lemon squash (not that I really resent those nights.. they had a certain charm). I really would love to time travel back to California in the 50s and 60s when a night out consisted of a day of sitting in a hair salon with your girlfriends and a night of real dancing. It seems so much more beautiful that girls didn't need to dress down in skin tight dresses with a plunging neckline to show off to a boy. Marilyn Monroe had the right idea I say...

"Real glamor, it's based on femininity. I think that sexuality is only attractive when it's natural and spontaneous . . . We are all born sexual creatures, thank God, but it's a pity so many people despise and crush this natural gift. Art, real art, comes from it- everything . . . Marilyn Monroe




Also France Gall is brilliant. I don't know what she's saying but I know what's she's doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment