Saturday, July 2, 2011

titles are for suckers





Being addicted to books is really causing me some trouble. I can't feel happy with my life when I'm reading about faeries, adventures, the future, places I want to go and places I want to be. Their memories start to feel like my own sometimes and I try say that in the least crazy way manageable. Mainly I wish I lived in the past because everything interesting and fascinating in life seemed to happen in a time before I was a born. I guess if I believe in reincarnation though then I most likely lived then anyway! Right now I want to join a circus like in Water for Elephants or light fire crackers in the forest next to a boarding school in America like Looking for Alaska. Going to school in which there is no rule breaking, nothing fascinating, surprising or amusing happening is starting to really feel like a waste of life. I'm swaying further and further from the whole going to university in Brisbane idea and instead saving to go some place where I'd have the opportunity to be surprised. I love the quote from Looking for Alaska;

"Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia. (...) You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present."  

There's nothing in this stupid world I love more than being surprised so I search for the Great Perhaps in one surprise at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment