Wednesday, July 7, 2010

mountain withdrawal



Maybe 4 times the size of our pint-sized bath at home = heaven



The Forest Lodge we stayed at




These are a few photos I took over the past 3 days I spent in the Byron Bay Hinterlands. It was the most rejuvenating, relaxing and lovely mini-break I've had in my life. I'm quite different to the rest of my family, whom love and enjoy to spend any time off at beaches and different islands. Although, of course I do love and enjoy that, I have always dreamed and yearned to spend time in the mountains, countryside. Somewhere green and lush where it feels like there is magic looming behind every archway of orchards, and within each glittering creek and lake. So, as you can probably guess by now, I loved it. Driving through huge tunnels of trees and over hill and hill of greenery and farmland. Listening to David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Angus and Julia Stone, John Butler Trio, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Simon and Garfunkel. Usually I bore of the presence of the ol' family on trips away, but this time it was perfect to just be spending time with them. If this trip doesn't sound perfect enough already, the two stop off's at Byron Bay, Lismore and Bangalow filled my suitcase with plenty of secondhand and (god forbid) NEW clothes to bring home and wear to shreds. I also bought a dream catcher! Along with my plaits, tribal hair ties and embroidered denim jacket I was nick-named "Little Bear" by my clearly, hilarious father as apparently I looked like a Native. Anyway, the trip was incredible but it's good to be snug at home blogging and catching up on the happenings of the real world. I'm off to watch "I Shouldn't be Alive", good night my most loved readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment